Thursday, February 5, 2009

my cat

Why not complete the immediate family with a little rant about my kitty. I am fighting becoming a total cat lady, but what can I say, I have wanted my own kitten for ages! This summer I was alone in my apartment, and realized I had been there two whole years, and had a job longer than one, and that meant that it might finally be time. Within a week, I was at a party at my sister's boyfriend's family's house, out in the burbs, and I hear the neighbor kid say, "Does anyone want a kitten?" Doth my ears deceive me, I thought! They did not! "My cat had kittens yesterday, want to see?" um, YES! They were awesome, four little black sausages. I said I would think about it and in a couple of days I said yes, put my name on one of them!

So in August my friend and I got a zipcar and a cardboard box and headed back out to Grafton. There was one of the four left, a little girl, and she was scared to death of me. But I finally caught her, stuffed her in the box, and brought her to Cambridge.

Eventually, after a day or two, she came out of hiding and has since become very friendly and curious!

Salisbury Paradise Johnson is now 7 months old. This pic is from when I took her home for Christmas and my parents' cat kept her mostly corralled in my room. It was like passive aggressive Animal Planet all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment